Free Outlook Tips – Complete Form
Outlook Efficiency Tips Boost Productivity!
Complete the Orange Form For 3 Mind-Blowing Outlook Tips from our Get Control! of Outlook Course
Interested in team training? Leave a comment so we can send you materials targeted to your team! Our 60 minute Outlook webinar is rated 4.5 / 5 stars by participants.
Power Drafts (From Outlook Mail – Drafts Folder)
When you need fast access to frequently used verbiage or templates the easiest way to do it is to create a Power Draft. The steps are simple:
1. Create a new email and hit Save. This stores the email into Outlook Drafts
2. When you need to use the email again simply highlight it in the Drafts folder and make a copy using these handy shortcuts: Control C (Copy) and Control V (Paste)
3. Use this process for any repetitive message or meeting!
Managing Interruptions (From Outlook Mail)
Interruptions destroy your focus and that ruins your ability to perform. Try these 3 tips for reducing email interrupts so you can get more done.
- Reduce Email Arrival Distractions: Select – Tools/Options/E-mail Options/Advanced E-mail Options/Uncheck all boxes under When new items arrive in my Inbox
- Reduce Number of Email Notifications Per Day: From Outlook Select – Tools/Options/Mail Set Up/Send and Receive/Change setting to 30 or 45 minutes to reduce interruptions.
- Filter Low Value Email to Folders: – Highlight low priority email/Right click/Select Create Rule/Check sender’s name/Check Move e-mail to folder/Select Folder/Select or create destination folder – examples may include Associations, Newsletters, General Low Priority Email, Monthly Receipts/Click OK
Create Cc: Folder From Outlook:
If you get copied on way too many low priority messages you can auto-route these emails to a folder you check once or twice a day. This reduces interruptions and helps you focus in items assigned directly to you!
1. Create an email folder called Cc: folder
2. Go to Tools/Rules and Alerts/New Rule/Start from Blank Rule/Next/Check Where my name is in the Cc: box/Next/Check Move it to the specified folder/
3. Go to Step 2 Box that appears below and click on the word specified/
4. Select the Cc: emails folder and click OK/Click Next twice/ Finish /Apply/OK
Color Coding Senders:
Use colors to highlight Your VIP senders — the ones who are the most important to your career and performance with this simple rule:
From Outlook Inbox – Highlight an email from sender you want to color code/Select Tools /Organize/Using Colors/Select Color/Apply Color
Mailbox Cleanup Tool:
If you are stuck in Email Jail because you have too much email in your Inbox, Sent, and Deleted Folders — it’s time to fight back fast!
From Outlook select Tools/Mailbox Clean Up/Check Find items larger than 250 KBs/Find/Click on Size to sort largest to smallest messages
Special Offer: If you like these tips and want to learn more about our Outlook Training please complete the form to your right! We will provide a free PDF download of more tips if you do!